Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kamen Rider Kiva - DX Kiva Belt

Two reviews in one day.  Yeah.  THE BELT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR~


This is the Kiva belt.  I... have no idea where the box to this is anymore, but I know it's around here somewhere, so just be satisfied with a pic of it around my waist.  As you can see, it's very Kiva-like.  Unlike the other belts which are mostly white or gray, this one is very red--a color I am not fond of, but for Kiva it works.  The belt comes with the belt, Kivat, and six Feustles (Kiva, Castle Doran, Buroon Booster, Garulu, Basshaa, and Dogga).  Pics are below:
His wings can spread out.
So many Feustles!

First things first, I'm going to talk about Kivat before even getting to the main belt part, mostly because he's the thing that makes the belt work.  And, yes, I am calling him with male pronouns because we know he's not an "it."  On the left side of his head is an on-off switch.  Turn it on and he will say a phrase in Japanese.  I don't know Japanese, so I just kind of guess as to what he's saying.  This time around, he said he was feeling good.  While waiting for you to do something, his eyes will glow on-and-off red.  There is a button at the top of his head where, when pushed, it will open his mouth and he will say "Gabu!"  Push it again, and he'll say it again.  On a third push, he will say "gabu" and then say another phrase.  He has a good number of phrases that he will say.  To get his mouth to stay open, just push the button very hard and his jaw will just stay dropped.

With his mouth open, push his fangs to your hand (or just push them like a normal button)  and he'll make an annoying, high pitched sound.  Take Kivat, turn him upside-down and perch him on the belt.  Upon releasing him to swing back into the belt, he'll make the transformation sound and lock into place.  Now that he is secure, it's time to put some Feustles into him.
Like in the series, open up Kivat's mouth and slide a Feustle so it sits like the above picture.
Push the Feustle down to close Kivat's mouth and it will play the appropriate sounds and music.

To take Kivat off the belt, simply pull the button behind his left ear (on the belt, it will be on the right).  With Kivat off the belt, he will still talk to you when you push his button and because his wings can come in and out, you can play with him as a stand alone toy.  Like with other henshin belts, there's a button on the belt to take it off.

Another thing with Kivat is that he can take all Feustles and will play a sound or say a phrase with them.  This includes IXA's fake Feustles, where apparently Kivat will object to them being put in his mouth and say that he can't use them.  I don't have the IXA belt, so I can't really confirm that, but all the other Kiva-related Feustles I have used on him work.  Kinda like how all Gaia Memories tend to work with the Double Driver.

My verdict for the Kiva belt is obvious adoration for it.  It was my first henshin belt purchase and I have been completely satisfied with it.  It's my favorite and unlike some of the other belts, I can play with Kivat even without the use of the belt.  He's his own toy.  I basically got two toys for the price of one when I bought this belt.  And I honestly have no idea what Kivat says, so maybe some person out there will someday transcribe and translate everything he says (today he was being rather uncooperative and called me a liar, though I'm probably just mistranslating him).

Anyway, this is a great belt!  If you're a fan of Kiva, I highly recommend this belt.  Heck, I recommend this belt even if you're NOT a Kiva fan, just because this belt is amazing!  Sending my love to Kivat-bat the 3rd~ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment